If you have decided that you can no
longer care for your pet, and you are unable to find a friend or family
member to take your pet in, than you may surrender your pet to the
Humane Society of Broward County. Please take the following into consideration
and make sure this is your final decision.
IF YOU SURRENDER AN ANIMAL, IT IS NO LONGER
The goal of the Humane Society of Broward County is to
find a home for every adoptable animal in our care.
• Animals are evaluated for adoptability and
must meet our criteria for GOOD HEALTH
• and GOOD
• If the animal you surrendered meets our criteria it will
be placed up for adoption and
• we do
not have a preset time limit.
• Animals must remain in good health, both physically and emotionally.
our adoption criteria are humanely euthanized (painlessly put to
• By turning the animal over to the shelter we hope you have
exhausted every effort of
this animal in your home or of finding it a new home.
• If you've been feeding an animal for 30 days, it is legally
• Make sure surrendering the animal at this time is your final
decision. By surrendering
• an animal
to us, you are relinquishing all rights of ownership and further
• We cannot call you regarding the animal’s status, be
it adoption or euthanasia and we
• also do
not give out information about the animal if you visit the shelter
or call at a
• Animals may be euthanized or placed for adoption immediately.
SURRENDERING YOUR LAST RESORT.
OR STRAY PETS
LOST MY PET